I hope this series of quick writing tips inspires you to move your story forward.
Inspiration for Writing
- What hobbies or interests do you have that might interest children?
- What jobs or experiences have you had that could be a good starting point for an article or story?
- Do you know about other cultures, or a particular time period?
- What genres do you like? Would it be fun to write in that genre?
- What genres did you like as a child? Did you love mysteries, ghost stories, fantasies, or science fiction? What were your favorite books? Why?
- Even the phonebook can provide inspiration. Check the Yellow Pages: Could you interview an automotive painter, animal trainer, or architect for an article? What would life be like for a child to have parents in that field? How about a teenager who dreams of entering the profession?